Recipe: Pumpkin Bran Muffins
Image source: http://www.veggieonapenny.com/
Servings: 12 muffins
Nutritional Information Per Muffin:
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 0.8g
- Sodium: 247mg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup bran flakes cereal
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, using a wire whisk, beat egg and egg whites.
- Stir in pumpkin, cereal, milk and corn syrup.
- Add flour to mixture; stir until well blended.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.