Broccoli-Ranch Potato Salad
Yield: 8 – 1 cup servings
- 1 ½ Lbs. round red potatoes
- 1 Pkg (12 oz) frozen whole green beans
- 1 Cup fresh broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- ½ Cup coarsely shredded carrot
- ½ Cup bottled reduced-calorie ranch salad dressing
- ¼ Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fat-free milk (optional)
- Cut potatoes into ½-inch cubes. In a large saucepan, place potatoes; add enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or just until tender. Drain well; cool.
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, green beans, broccoli and/or cauliflower, and carrot. Add salad dressing and pepper; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. If necessary, stir in enough milk to reach desired consistency.
- Calories: 110 (cal from fat 30)
- Total fat: 3g; (sat fat 1/2g, trans fat 0g)
- Chol: 0mg;
- Sodium: 220mg;
- Total carb: 19g (dietary fiber 3g, sugars 3g);
- Protein: 3g.