Bowlful of Cherries and Other Summer Fruits
Makes 8 servings
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ of a medium honeydew or cantaloupe melon, cut into bite-size pieces (3 cups)
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups fresh dark or light sweet cherries
- 2 tablespoons, snipped fresh mint
- Peel and section the orange over a large bowl, capturing any juices in the bowl; add honey to bowl.
- Add orange sections, melon and peaches to the bowl.
- Remove stems from cherries.
- If desired, have the cherries and remove pits.
- Add cherries and mint, tossing to coat.
- Cover and chill one hour before serving.
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
- Sodium: 7mg
- Carb: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein 1g